We Are Hiring
Title of Position: Director of Small Business Support and Development
- Reports To: President and CEO, Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Employment Status: Exempt
The Chamber’s Director of Business Support and Development will serve as the primary staff and lead for the Chamber’s economic development partnership with the City of Beaverton (IMPACT*Beaverton) and with the Washington County business Recovery Center. This person will report to the President/CEO of the Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce. Along with the President/CEO, this person will report progress, milestones, and achievements regularly to our partners in the Community Development Department and Economic Development Division at the City of Beaverton and Washington County 다운로드.
The Director of Business Support and Development is responsible for the implementation and execution of business retention and growth strategies, and programs as outlined in the IMPACT*Beaverton strategic plan and executing the objectives of the Washington County Business Recovery Center. This includes but is not limited to developing and delivering outreach and support to local businesses to assist in the growth of our community’s economic engine 다운로드. The role also will provide direct technical assistance to small businesses, coordinate Business Walks, and work with other partners and resources to increase opportunities for communities of color and under-represented groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to the following:
- Provide efficient and effective one-on-one technical assistance, advising and consulting services to small business clients utilizing a professional approach with relevant and accurate business acumen 치외법권 다운로드.
- Conduct a needs assessment for each business, identifying the support needs and creating an action plan for how those needs can be met through program services, local opportunities, and referrals.
- Counsel and train small businesses on how to plan, develop, and operate a successful small business, specifically in relation to business strategy, marketing, operations, human resources, compliance, and/or financial planning 쯔꾸르 게임 다운로드. (e.g., understanding business financial statements, budgeting & creating projections).
- Formulate business recommendations to clients and provide support and education needed to carry out recommendations. Connect clients to referrals and additional resources as needed.
- Conduct outreach efforts to the small business community. Attend community partner meetings acting as an advocate for clients and the program 로또 무료.
- Facilitate, teach, coordinate, and promote workshops, trainings, small business forums, and client networking events. Contribute and/or develop training curriculum.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other economic development and business assistance agencies and professionals.
- Effectively document activities and outcomes including: time tracking, client goals and action plans, project progress, and client activities and achievements 다운로드.
- Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail, maintenance of confidentiality, and the ability to meet deadlines and appropriately interact with sensitive information.
- Provide oversight and mentor consulting teams, part-time staff and volunteers to provide timely and relevant feedback to ensure successful deliverables 다운로드.
- Assist with program development.
- Staffs the Chamber’s IMPACT*Beaverton and Business Recovery Center Programs
- Coordinates the annual workplan for IMPACT*Beaverton and Washington County Business Recovery Center in conjunction with the President/CEO.
- Tracks and communicates outcomes to the board, our partners, community and other identified stakeholders.
- Develops marketing materials for all programming and provides weekly submissions for the
- Chamber’s weekly eNews 다운로드.
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining city business licensing records and membership data with the Chamber’s internal membership database.
- Identify and work with businesses conducting business in the City to assist in ensuring city licenses are acquired.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
The professional who serves as the Director of Business Support and Development must satisfy the criteria listed below 다운로드. These skills are general in nature and therefore not inclusive of all attributes. Ideally, the Director of Business Support and Development should:
- Have three years’ experience in, or combination of, entrepreneurship, small business ownership, microenterprise development, business assistance, consulting, or small business management. Experience in advising and/or mentoring small businesses preferred.
- Multilingual candidates preferred.
- Have a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized college or university or relevant experience in lieu of such a degree 다운로드.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competency.
- Ability to strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Tenacious follow-through and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, build analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and team-oriented individual.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, organize and prioritize assignments.
- Be well versed and comfortable with Microsoft Office suite of products.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Base salary commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: 80 hours annually (negotiable depending on previous experience), plus holidays after completing the introductory 90-day period.
- Professional Development
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Provided to employee and available to dependents.
- Retirement: 401k with up to 4% employer contribution *
- Life Insurance: Provided *
- Long Term Disability Insurance: Provided *
*After completing one year of employment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter that expresses their interest in the position, as well as their relevant experience and unique characteristics, and a detailed resume with salary requirements to:
Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce
12600 SW Crescent St., Suite 160
Beaverton, OR 97005
Interested candidates may also email their letter and resume to Stephen@beaverton.org
The Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce actively honors, respects and encourages diversity, equity and inclusion as an employer and in our community and partnerships.