Candidate Endorsement Council
Purpose: Ensure pro-business candidates are elected to local offices that impact the health and sustainability of the Beaverton business community.
Mission: The Candidate Endorsement Council promotes a vibrant business environment by endorsing candidates who support sound public policy that strengthens the business community and the free enterprise system.
The Council is independent of any political party, candidates or organizations, except the Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce.
Download a Powerpoint Presentation from Business Matters: The Voice of Business
Here are our 2019 May Primary Endorsements – Newsroom
Make Up: The Council consists of 8 members all of whom are appointed annually by the Board of Directors of the Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Amy Saberiyan, Ava Roasteria – Chair
- Troy Cunningham, Spectrum Payment Solutions
- Travis Jones, Nike
- Rhonda Reister, RLC Connection
- Steve Smelley, Goldfinch Consulting
- Mark Spiegelberg, The Barbers
- Lorraine Clarno, BACC, President/CEO & Secretary to Council
Races: The Council has sole discretion in endorsing candidates in contested races for local offices. These are the local elected positions that may be considered for endorsement dependant upon the council’s determination of the race impacts on the business community.
- Beaverton City Council
- Beaverton Mayor
- County Commissioner’s Chair and 2 Beaverton Area seats per district boundaries
Other local elected offices may be included, but not limited to:
- Beaverton School District Board
- Portland Community College Board
- Tualatin Valley Water District Board
- Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation Board
- Tualatin Hills Fire & Rescue Board
- Washington County Sheriff
- Judicial positions for Washington County